VERSION] [繁體版] [簡體版]
MAP] [CONTACT US
Do you know that?
- In 2005, 72.3 million international journeys were reported among Hong Kong residents, equivalent to about 10.5 journeys per citizen, a 4.9% increase when compared to 2004.
- 94% outbound Hong Kong residents visited China , Macau ,Taiwan and High seas in 2005.
- 1.1% outgoing Hong Kong travellers used e-channel of the land boarder control points in 2005
- 3.5 million international trips were made in 2005, about half were destined for developing countries.
- about 4 out of 5 travellers did not seek travel health information before departure.
- less than 10% had received travel health advice or purchased standby medications.
- 7% to 41% of the local residents reported experiencing travel related health problems during or after travel.
- about 60% of the reported illnesses were related to gastro-intestinal problems: diarrhoea, abdominal pain or vomiting.
- only 1 out of 10 travellers having fallen sick during their journeys sought medical treatment.
- gender is not related to the risk of acquiring health problems during foreign travel.
Last revision date: 10 October 2012